I’ve never known a kid (or an adult for that matter) who didn’t like cupcakes, and Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to make and eat them! Here’s a fantastic recipe for Valentine’s Day cupcakes from FamilyFun that uses Fruit by the Foot to decorate the cakes as roses.
What you need:
- 12 mini cupcakes
- White icing
- 6 rolls of Fruit by the Foot fruit leather in Cherry Rage or strawberry flavor
- 1 roll of Fruit by the Foot fruit leather in Color by the Foot flavor
- Frost 12 mini cupcakes with white icing.
- To make a rose, unroll a piece of the cherry or strawberry fruit leather and divide it in half along the wavy perforated middle line. Take one of the halves and roll up about 5 inches to form the flower’s center. Set the rolled strip wavy side up in the middle of a cupcake, as shown, and continue to loosely wrap the remaining fruit leather around the center at a slight angle until the flower is completed.
- Repeat this process for the remaining flowers. (You should be able to get 2 mini roses out of each roll of fruit leather.)
- Cut leaf shapes from the wavy edge of the Color by the Foot strip as shown, then tuck the leaves under the roses.
More great cupcake ideas:
Valentine’s Day Heart Cupcakes